Saturday, April 10, 2010

Week 1


"Now, mothers, I understand that it sometimes appears that our children aren’t paying attention to the lessons we’re trying to teach them. Believe me—I’ve seen that glazed-over look that comes to the eyes of teenagers just when you’re coming to what you think is the best part of your instruction. Let me assure you that even when you think your daughter is not listening to a thing you say, she is still learning from you as she watches you to see if your actions match your words. As Ralph Waldo Emerson is believed to have said, “What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say”."

Mothers and Daughters

Elder M. Russell Ballard
Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles


Last week was a church wide General Conference. We were very uplifted by talks from prophets, apostles, and other church leaders. The talks give instruction and guidance for our daily lives. For the next few weeks, I want to focus on the talks from this past General Conference and share a little thought that touched me.


No comments:

Post a Comment